Skip to content | Sunday, 01-May-2016 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A



North Ayrshire Housing Register (NAHR) is a shared housing register made up of people who are looking for social housing in North Ayrshire.
The NAHR landlords give out their empty houses to these people. By filling in one application form, you can be considered for housing by all the landlords.
The North Ayrshire Housing Register (NAHR) landlords are:North Ayrshire Council, Cunninghame Housing Association, Irvine Housing Association and ANCHO.
The landlords have agreed a common allocation policy so that all applicants are assessed in exactly the same way no matter which partner you register your application with.

You can see what housing options are available for you within North Ayrshire, go into your account and complete the housing options questions. If you are not registered you can complete an assessment using the 'Housing Option' tab at the top of the page. These options are designed for residents of North Ayrshire.

      Please read the application guide (1.2 Mb pdf), the policy summary (1.4 Mb pdf) and view maps of the letting areas  (9.47 Mb pdf) within North Ayrshire before you complete an application form. These documents may help you decide the areas you want to live in. You may find the welfare reform leaflet (460 KB pdf) useful if you receive housing benefit


When you have completed your application you will be advised of which group you have been placed in and what points you have been given. You will  be considered for any vacancies that happen. Please see the frequently asked question's and prioritising application's section of this site for more detail.
We want you to get the most out of our service and for your next move to be right for your needs.

Anyone 16 years or older can apply to be placed on the register. You need to be registered before you will be considered for housing

For help on how to log in to register or edit/change an application For help on how to use our Mutual exchange scheme

You will only be able to search and 'bid' for mutual exchange properties on this site if you are eligible.
You can use this website to: 

  • Apply for social housing or update and change your application details, please take the time to read these documents before completing an application form. They will give you an understanding of where the property stock is located and how they are allocated. NAHR Housing Application Guide (1.2MB pdf), Welfare Reform Advisory Leaflet (460 Kb pdf) and NAHR Housing Allocation Policy Summary(1.4MB pdf) Letting areas within North Ayrshire (9.47 MB pdf) 
  • Apply for a mutual exchange, or update and change your exchange details. You need to be a tenant of either a Council or Registered social Landlord to qualify for a mutual exchange
  • When you have agreed to exchange with someone, you need to complete a Mutual exchange request form. You only need one form for each exchange. You can download the form here  (96.0 Kb pdf)
    Search for available properties. This allows you to view the properties available for a mutual exchange. You will not be able to apply unless you are registered

  • Check for any shared equity sites with NAHR landlords Cunninghame Housing Association or Irvine Housing Association 

The Scottish Housing Regulator is there to protect the interests of tenants, homeless people and others who use social landlords' services.
They focus on:

  • driving improvements in services
  • maintaining and improving RSLs’ governance
  • financial health in RSLs and cost and efficiency in all social landlords

They have produced a factsheet to for tenants who are unhappy with the service provided by their landlord or if they (the tenants) have concerns about the way the landlord is operating.
More information is available from their website.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy