Who can use this service

Anyone who has been accepted onto North Ayrshire’s Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be aged 16 years or older

You will need to complete an application form, which can be found here or pick up an application form from one of the partner landlords offices. The application form enables you to apply for a Council or Housing Association rented home. For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click  Contact Us

  • Along with your application form you will be asked to provide the following documents:
  • Proof of identity (e.g. passports, birth certificates)
  • Proof of current address (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill)
  • Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)

Before you are offered a property, you will be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them.

All documents provided must be originals, up to date and valid.

If you do not fill in the application form properly it will be returned to you. The date it is later accepted from will be the date the fully completed form is received.

If you do not provide us with the documents required your application may be accepted onto the housing register but will not be awarded any priority. Once the documents are received your application will be assessed and placed in the appropriate Group.  Click Prioritising Applications for more details on our allocation scheme.